Sunday, February 12, 2017

Wealth and Happiness

Money isn't bad as everyone says it is. Money isn't the root of all evil, money is the root of all people. Every goal, whether good or ill revolves around the almighty dollar. Money DOES buy happiness. So don't listen to those people who tell you chasing money is pointless! It's not pointless. You can't take money to the grave? No way, you can definitely be buried with it if you know the right people at the funeral parlor. Would you rather go to work on a bike or in a custom made mass produced italian luxury sports car? Don't let anyone tell you that your materialistic goals are empty. They are not! Think about it. Why are richer countries happier than poor ones? 

Why do you do the things that you do? Do you take ap classes because you love a higher paced education? No you do it so you can get into a good college. Why do you want to get into a good college? So that you can get a high-paying job after. What do most of your goals revolve around? What's the final outcome? Sure you  want to be a doctor or a lawyer, but why? Do you actually love helping people? More likely than not, it's the fact that they make good money. "But no David!! I love science!" OK, so would you do it for the salary of a teacher? Money makes a difference. 

Money is the true decider of our life. Everything is based off of a piece of paper and it's disheartening and I realize it. I know money wont buy me happiness but I still crave it. I still crave something that has no real value. I still strive for the thing that I know won't do anything for my happiness. We all do. We all know money doesn't create happiness but still it is the motivator behind all of our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment